Pageviews last month

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

SO I cant seem to stay awake...I lay down with a book while Ayla has her afternoon nap and I have to lay it down and close my eyes and the next thing i know is an hour or so has shot by!  I'm sooo glad she still takes naps though, that's for sure!  

SOooo we had our 7 week dating scan today...its a .....PEANUT!  P and J where running a bit late and I had to explain to the tech that I had to wait for them as it was their baby, lol!  Bailey and Teig stayed in the waiting room with iPhones beep, beeping and I knew they wouldn't utter a peep.  Ayla was a typical, nosey, noisy inquisitive 3 year old, but she sat happily on J's knee patting my arm.      

I really, really, REALLY needed to pee...I think that is the worse part about these ultrasounds, someone pressing harder and harder on your belly to really get a good view with that wand while all the while you have running through your mind is, don't laugh, don't sneeze, don't cough...cause I neeeeeddd toooo weeeeeee.....

Heartbeat was ticking along well at 140bmp and the implantation is still where it was originally, so nice and high.  Defiantly ONE.  YES!

I piped up to ask the tch for a photo for mum and dad and she goes, Ahhh you've done this before haven't you...uh duh ;)  No, she was lovely and it was hard to shut up while she explained how it all works and when each scan is taken and what for etc...I have another one at 12 weeks and P and J have decided to do the new testing which incorporates blood work and ultrasound together to rule out Downs and other genetic abnormalities earlier.  This is very very new and is instead of an Amniocentesis..it is also very expensive.  But being older parents they definitely want the best shot at a healthy baby as this baby will have no close family after they go in the future.

Blood tests at 10 weeks and bloods and Ultrasound again at 12 weeks.  In between feeling like crap...

Feeling a bit cranky and down at the moment, I think its just my hormones playing games, but its still sucks.  Andrew (hubby) is in his new job, and he is loving it.  But at present they are very very busy so he has been leaving very early and getting home late.  He is amazing.  He is so supportive and loving and the best daddy as well.  Its not every husband that would be ok with their wife being pregnant with another couples child! Did I mention he is amazing?  He will cook me a steak when I am grumpy (more than normal) and has whipped up batches of Mashed potatoes to satisfy my craving.  Tells me he loves me and I am beautiful every day (even though I have a real issue with my weight since Ayla was born) Everything he does is for his family and me, I am so so lucky.

Ultrasound photo to come, its on my phone and I am not sure how to use this computer yet....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free to Comment or Ask Questions: