Pageviews last month

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

15 weeks and Amnio

Well once again I'm wide awake at 2.30am...so I thought id catch up because I'm such a slack arse at writing blogs.

So yesterday I was 15 weeks 3 days (according to the ultrasound).

My Amnio had rolled up and I had made myself pretty nervous (note to self: DO NOT GOOGLE)..  My dear hubby arrived while Pam, her mum and I were in the waiting room.  I'm so glad he could grab an hour off work to be there for me :)

My other kids were home with John (MIL and IF do not get on at all apparently, so it was a perfect situation) Boys had a curriculum day so were home as well, after finishing two weeks holiday.

Anyhoo....

The nurse/receptionist took me to the wee dressing room to get changed into that gorgeous gown that reminds me of an 80's pregnancy smock.  Then she bought Andrew in and showed us to a nice little private waiting room.  Andrew and I promptly fell asleep.

After our little nap (lol) we were shown into ultrasound room and the lovely tech explained that she would show Pam and her mum in, show them the baby and do all the checks, then show them out so it would just be me and Andrew for the procedure.  Fine with me.





Baby looked gorgeous.  Measured a day over what my dates were and everything came up looking great.  Pam cried, so I reached out and grabbed her hand.  She said, she has never got this far before so was a bit overwhelmed by it all.  Bless.

They were shown out after a nice 15 min.  Andrew then sat behind me and I held his hands as the procedure was done.  Baby behaved and stayed out of the way :)  

So it stung, I cramped a little, but I had scared myself stupid for nothing!  I did ask for a smiley bandaid..or a 'Dora"  but unfortunately was left with an ordinary brown one ;)

Off to the wee room again where I was given a pillow and blanket and I put my stinky feet up on Andrew and we snoozed again, before nurse/receptionist came and gave me my Anti-D shot in the arse. (I am B- blood type)

All felt good so out we went to meet Pam and MIL, booked the 20 week and went downstairs for a coffee.  (I had water..not a coffee fan..)  Here we once again discussed birthing options and Ob/gyn's...yes I still have no idea where this baby will be born.

By the way, its a GIRL! (pics to come)

Just want to add, I was on a real high as the evening before I had supported my gorgeous friend in her wonderful home birth.











1 comment:

  1. Best part of Australian surrogacy blogs other than the surrogacy blog part is repeated use of mum, wee and bit. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Please Feel Free to Comment or Ask Questions: