Pageviews last month

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Paperwork anyone?

ok the legal stuff...

P and I both have our own separate lawyers. Gee, it was hard to find ones that actually KNEW the law involved with surrogacy..and the different laws between Victoria and NSW..Seriously its some crazy sh..stuff.


The first appointment with me and my husband was nice. Lawyer was a nice guy. He went over the ins and outs of the Vic and NSW law, where we stood, what we knew, our rights, rights of the IP's and what our contract would involve and what I wanted to include. It was pretty straight forward as I had done a fair bit of reading and of course chatting to P. He also made up wills for us and a power of attorney (medical) should stuff go wrong and my DH isn't available.

P and I pretty much had decided already what the contract would include so it was just making it legal.

When bubs is born it is my name and her husbands name on the birth certificate, so a 'parenting order' needs to be made. I am hazy on this as its pretty darn complicated. P knows everything backwards, forwards and a whole darn lot of other ways!! Shed be a great detective I reckon!

Legals...check

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free to Comment or Ask Questions: